Marketing + Merchandising
Want to help be responsible for the vision of a retail company with a purpose? Want hands-on, real-world entrepreneurship experience like you'll get nowhere else? As an intern with the Gather PHX organization, you get a first-hand, floor-seat view of what it takes to start, run and grow a retail business. Is this a non-traditional opportunity? You bet it is, and that's exactly the way we like it.
Who your are
You have experience in a retail environment or at the very least, an interest and passion to learn. You have some digital muscles that you're willing to flex, social media savvy, a creative thinker, and social do-gooder. You have a love for Arizona, an eye for detail, and an ability to transform ordinary rooms into cozy, intriguing spaces with their merchandising vision. You are inclusive with strong communication skills and a go-getter attitude. You have heart for social causes and get excited about the opportunity to plan and organize fundraising events for the local non-profit partners. You're not afraid to go against the grain to stand up for your beliefs.
Qualifications must include: Minimum completion of first academic year of studies Undergraduate major in marketing and sales, communications, new media, and/or merchandising.
What We’d Like From You
- Help concept and execute on merchandising the space on a seasonal basis
- Discover and source new local vendors (may include some minimal in-state travel with shop owners)
- Assist in the management of a retail shop
- Craft and deliver a customer experience people rave about
- Help deliver on marketing strategy for Gather and partner The Churchill
- Be the voice behind Gather’s social presence
- Create content + manage + grow up to four (4) social media accounts at one time
- Create engaging content across all digital platforms
- Craft thoughtful and engaging newsletters to monthly email subscribers
- Coordinate schedules and the planning of monthly and annual fundraising events
The Commitment (timing, experience, interests)
This is an internship based out of the Gather in The Churchill near the ASU downtown campus.
This internship is supported with school credit.
We require 15-25 hours per week working in-store in addition to trade shows, vendor research, and (potential) in-state travel.
This internship has the potential to grow into a full-time position.
- Tea + Coffee Daily in the Shop
- Free coffee + pastries at our weekly meeting
- Monthly team outings & events (hint: free food, activities, & crafts)
- Unique ability to flex your entrepreneurial muscle. You’re on the ground floor, right next to the owners, building a brand from scratch and contributing to its growth
What We Need from You
Please make an intro via email firstname.lastname@example.org with a response to the following two questions:
How would you help Gather flourish?
What is a cause or organization you have passion for and how would you gather good for this cause?